Rabu, 26 November 2014

Multiple Choice and Essay


Please answer the question below! Choose the best answer


1.        _____ what is now San Salvador, Christopher Columbus believed that he had found Japan.


a.    He reached
b.    When did he reach
c.    Having reached
d.   Whether he reached



2.        Many Middle Eastern diplomats still feel that the United States in intent _____ the ultimate police in the region.


a.    To being
b.    Being
c.    Be
d.   On being



3.        I saw him _____with my mother, he looks so sad.


a.    Talked
b.    Talking
c.    Talk
d.   Talks



4.        The fruits _____ because of the moisture in the crates _____ them to market.


a.    Were rotting, carrying
b.    Was rotting, carrying
c.    Rotting, were carrying
d.   Rotting, was carrying



5.    Those travelers _____ their trip on Delta should report to Gate Three.


a.    Are completing
b.    Complete
c.    Were completing
d.   Completing



6.        The fraternities_____the wildest parties attractthe most new pledges.


a.    Are giving
b.    Give
c.    Were giving
d.   Giving


7.        I see people _____ on the street without any sadness.


a.    Were dancing
b.    Dancing
c.    Dance
d.   Was dancing



8.        I don’t like those _____ boys.


a.    Jumper
b.    Jumped
c.    Jumping
d.   Jumpers



9.        _____shirt do you think suitable for me, the red one or the blue one?


a.    Which
b.    Whom
c.    Who
d.   Whose



10.    He maintained his interest in law _____ he was assassinated.


a.    Since
b.    Until
c.    Before
d.   After



11.    _____ the weather is cold, I went swimming.


a.    Although
b.    Though
c.    Even though
d.   Whereas



12.    _____ you have already read the reading, you will be able to answer the questions.


a.    As
b.    Because
c.    Since
d.   So



13.    I am not sure from _____the package I got this morning.


a.    Which
b.    Who
c.    Whom
d.   Whose



14.    He wrote that memo _____there would be no misunderstandings.


a.    In order to
b.    In order that
c.    In order so
d.   In order will



15.    I have always lived _____ I was born.


a.    Whereas
b.    Where is
c.    Wherever
d.   Where




Essay
Change become the right sentences! 
  1. The speaker was trying to make his point was often interrupted vociferously. 
  2. The advertisements were announcing the half-day sale received a lot of attention. 
  3. We have watched the celebrations of New Year's Eve. All of the celebrations have amazed us. 
  4.  Is he going to stay or leave now? I don't care.
  5. I have been to all villages. None of the villages is interesting to me.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar